Padstow Rally Countryside Corner
Rare Breed Trust
Chainsaw Carving | Mathew Crabb
An award-winning chainsaw artist, based on Exmoor. Throughout the year I give demonstrations and compete at chainsaw carving events.
From a very early age, I was always creative and spent much of my time experimenting with various tools and materials to make all manner of things from toys to furniture.
On leaving college I took a job with a local tool hire firm. It was here that I discovered chainsaws and became intrigued by the possibilities of using them to create sculptures. I started my own company, Exmoor Chainsaw Carving in 2006.
Thatching Demonstration | Southwest Thatching
I would like to introduce ourselves to you.
We as thatchers have both lived and worked in the local area for a number of years now.
Jack Stiles Master Thatcher
Jack has grown up and trained mainly around the Lizard peninsula but has also traveled around the country to further his learning and develop skills to the level of a master craftsmen.
Toby Marr Master Thatcher
Toby originates from Penzance, During a 5 year apprenticeship he studied at knuston hall thatching college for 2 years gaining an NVQ 2 in thatching.He then went on to sub contract for many other thatching firms.
Full List Of Activities
- Shire Horses – Pikna Shires
- Horse Drawn Equipment – Eddie Cowling
- Donkey Rides – Coutryside Donkeys
- Chain Saw Carving – Matthew Crab
- Willow sculptures –
- Thatching Displays – Toby Marr Miniature
- Farm Machinery – Keith Wright
- Hand made wooden flowers – The Whittling Workshop
- Black smiths
- Sheep Dog & Duck Display – Bob Hogg
- Gun Dog Display – Chris Green
- Falconry Display – Xtreme Falconry
- Ferret Racing – Avon Valley Ferrets
- Traditional Long Netting
- Wheel Wright
- Bee Keeping
PLUS LOTS MORE – If you are interested in taking part in our countryside corner of our show please contact us using the above details.